Thousands of genealogies and family histories have been published. The terms “genealogy” and “family history” are often used interchangeably. Technically, a genealogy is about the descendants of an individual or couple, and a family history is about the ancestry of an individual.
Some genealogies and family histories are the products of thorough research with footnotes indicating the sources of the author’s information. Others are less reliable. Many older genealogies do not contain references to the author’s sources. You should use these published works as aids to locating original records that will verify the information about births, marriages, deaths, and family relationships.
The Library of Congress in Washington, D.C., has a large collection of genealogies. Kaminkow’s Genealogies in the Library of Congress, its supplements, and a volume published by the Library of Congress in 1992, list about 42,000 genealogies.
The LDS Family History Library in Salt Lake City has a large collection of family histories, county histories, and other published material. These materials are listed in the library’s catalog, which is available on microfiche or CD-ROM at LDS Family History Centers and other libraries throughout the United States. Some books have been microfilmed, and the microfilm can be borrowed from the Salt Lake City library at a Family History Center. To find a Family History Center near you, enter your city, county, state, and country on the LDS FamilySearch site.
Across the Generations: Exploring U.S. History through Family
Provides resources and guidance regarding use of family
documents to research family genealogy.
- A Complement to Genealogies in the Library of Congress: A
Bibliography. Baltimore, Maryland: Magna Carta Books, 1981.
- Family History
Archive. A growing collection of published family histories
in pdf format, fully indexed and searchable, at Brigham Young
University Library. These are out of copyright books obtained
from the Harold B. Lee Library of BYU, BYU Hawaii, BYU Idaho,
LDS Business College, Family History Library, and Church History
- Genealogies Cataloged by the Library of Congress since
1986: With a List of Established Forms of Family Names and a
List of Genealogies Converted to Microfilm Since 1983.
Washington, D.C.: Cataloging Distribution Services, Library of
- Genealogies in the Library of Congress: A Bibliography.
2 volumes. Baltimore, Maryland: Magna Carta Books, 1972.
- Genealogies in the Library of Congress: A Bibliography.
Supplement, 1972-1976. Baltimore, Maryland: Magna Carta
- Genealogies in the Library of Congress: A Bibliography,
Second Supplement, 1976-1986. Baltimore, Maryland: Magna
Carta Books, 1987.
Locating Published Genealogies. By Donna Przecha.
- Newberry Library of Chicago: The Genealogical Index. 4 volumes. Boston, Massachusetts: G.K. Hall, 1960. A huge set containing six million references to family histories. Alphabetical order by surname, then by locality division. Includes references also within other publications such as county histories. Arrangements can be made with the Newberry Library for photocopying.
Family Tree Collections
- Ancestry World Tree and
One World Tree. Ancestry.com
- Genes Reunited
(formerly called Genes Connected)
- One Great Family
- World Connect
- World Family Tree Genealgy.com
- Allen, Ricky T. Claiborne Hall and Elizabeth Herod of
Smith County, Tennessee: Ancestry and Descendants. Fenton,
Mo: No Waste Publishing Creative Imaging, Inc, 2010.
- Anders, Harley D. John Turnbull - Indian Trader -
Genealogical Gleanings in Southeast United States. Gilroy,
California: Indian Scout Books,
- Armstrong, Donald G., and William Walter Armstrong.
Ancestry of William Walter Armstrong of Columbiana County, Ohio.
Rockland, Maine: Penobscot Press, 2010.
- Bailey, James and Norman Dodge. Family of New Shoreham,
Rhode Island: A Genealogy of the Descendents of Tristram Dodge.
2 volumes. Lakewood, Colorado: Dodge Family Association.
- Beatty, John D. and Di Ann Vick. Joseph Vick of Lower
Parish, Isle of Wight County, Virginia, and His Descendants.
Los Angeles: Genus Publishing, 2004.
- Bennett, Diana Kercheval. The Kerchevals in America.
Virginia: D.K. Bennett, 2003.
- Bingham, Emily. Mordecai: An Early American Family.
New York: Hill and Wang, 2003.
- Bowie, Effie Gwynn. Across the Years in Prince George's
County: A Biographical History of Some Prince George's County,
Maryland and Allied Families. Baltimore, Maryland:
Clearfield Co., Inc., 2006, 1947.
- Bowman, Joseph P. The Bad Man from Bodie: The Life and
Violent Death of John Franklin Showers. Publish America,
- Brittenham, William Robert and Ruth Z. Lewis. The Garter
Family of New York and Michigan. Poughkeepsie. NewYork,
William Robert Brittenham, 2006. The Garter family is traced
from Herkimer and Orleans counties, New York to Michigan,
Wisconsin, Illinois, and elsewhere.
- Brown, William M. Timmons--Tanner Families: Building an
American Heritage. Parkersburg, West Virginia: The author,
- Bush, Cornelia Wendell. MacRaes to America!! A Brief
History of the Clan MacRae. Chapel Hill, North Carolina:
Chapel Hill Press, 2002-06.
- Canfield Family Association. Descendants of Thomas
Canfield and Mathew Camfield: Companion to "A History of Thomas
Canfield and Mathew Camfield with a Genealogy of Their
Descendants in New Jersey. Wichita, Kansas: Don Martinson,
- Cannady, Bruce Barnes. The History and Genealogy of the
George W. Cannady Family. Baltimore, Maryland: Gateway
Press, Inc., 1973, reprinted 2006.
- Caverly, Paul Ralph. In Search of Amos Mills Caverly.
Brampton, Ontario: Paul Ralph Caverly, 2004.
- Caverly, Paul Ralph. The Migration of the Braun Family to
the Arrival of the Brown Family. Brampton, Ontario: Paul
Ralph Caverly, 2004.
- Childears, Maurice A. The Childers-Childears Family from
the Keystone to the Land of Oz and Beyond. Emporia, Kansas:
Speed-Bind Products, 2006.
- Cleek, George Washington. Early Western Augusta
Pioneers, Including the Families of Cleek, Gwin, Lightner and
Warwick and Related Families of Bratton, Campbell, Carlile,
Craig, Crawford, Dyer, Gay, Givens, Graham, Harper, Henderson,
Hull, Keister, Lockridge, McFarland, and Moore. Baltimore,
Maryland: Clearfield Co., 1957, 2005 reprint.
- Crook, Charles M. Fendall Hall: A True Story of Good
Times and Bad Times on the Chattahoochee River. Montgomery,
Alabama: The Author, 2004.
- Davis, Virginia Lee Hutcheson. Jamestowne Ancestors
1607-1699: Commemoration of the 400th Anniversary of the Landing
at James Towne 1607-2007. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical
Publishing Co., 2006.
- Deboeck, Guido. Flemish DNA & Ancestry: History of Three
Families over Five Centuries Using Conventional and Genetic
Genealogy. Arlington, Virginia: Dokus Publishing, 2007.
Traces the Flemish Deboeck family back almost five hundred
years. Included are chapters on family occupations, immigration
to America, and genetics.
- Dittenhafer, Miriam Marcy. History and Genealogy of
Henry Glatfelter (1752-1833) of York Co., PA: Revolutionary War
Patriot, with Appendixes on Moyer/Myers, Bentz, and Tyson.
Florida: Self-published, 2008. Traces the descendants of Henry
Glatfleter, a son of the immigrant Casper Glattfelder.
- Dittenhafer, Miriam Marcy. History and Genealogy of
Pennsylvania Families: Joshua Kinsey (1764-1824) of Bucks &
Columbia Counties; Emil Rinn (1837-1900) of Lehigh County; Mary
Rinn (1832-1908) of Northampton County; Jeanette Rinn
(1835-1904) of Philadelphia; Thomas Clyde (1821?-1878) of
Philadelphia. With Appendixes: Mathew "Gen" McDowell (1796-1858)
of Columbia County; Eli Lewis (1750-1807) of York County. Also
Including: Arbogast, Brown, Dittenhafer, Haase, Shew, Wilt, and
Others. Melbourne(?), Florida: The author, 2006.
- Doliante, Sharon J. Maryland and Virginia Colonials:
Genealogies of Some Colonial Families (Families of Bacon, Beall,
Beasley, Cheny, Duckett, Dunbard, Ellyson, Elmore, Graves,
Heydon, Howard, Jacob, Morris, Nuthall, Odell, Peerce, Reeder,
Ridgley, Prather, Sprigg, Wesson, Williams, and Collateral Kin.
1 volume bound in 2. Baltimore, Maryland: Clearfield Co., Inc.,
- Drake, Charles E.F. The Drake Family of Washington
County, Georgia. Baltimore: Gateway Press, 2005.
- Dungan, Thomas P. The Dungan Source Book: A Reference for
Dungan Family Researchers. Rio Rancho, N.M.: T.P. Dungan,
- Erwin, Raymond M. Timothy Matlack, 1736-1829,
Accomplished Patriot. Stillwater, Minnesota: Self-published,
- Evans, Richard K. The Ancestry of Diana, Princess of
Wales, for Twelve Generations. Boston: New England Historic
Genealogical Society, 2007.
- Fetters, William Broke. Abraham Chattin (c1692-1761) and
Grace Mills of Woodbury Creek, New Jersey, and Their
Descendants. Decorah, Iowa: Anundsen Publishing Company,
- Finley, Carmen J. Colonel James B. Armstrong: His Family
and His Legacy. Duncans Mills, California: Stewards of the
Coast and Redwoods, 2008.
- Fisher, Sophie C. and Robert W. Fisher. The Fisher
Family: Some Ancestors and Descendants of Joseph Fisher and
Susannah Gray (ca. 1749-1986). Flint, Michigan: Privately
- Fiske, Thomas S. A Grover Genealogy. Free Publishing,
- Franke, Shari. Family History of the Joseph Taylor, Jr.
(ca. 1751-1819), and Sarah Best (ca. 1764-1836) Family of
Tyrrell/Martin/Edgecombe Counties, North Carolina and Warren
County, Kentucky, Volume 2. Salt Lake City, Utah: Publishers
- Gariety, John. Descendent [sic] of Philip & Lydia (Asper)
Bysel & Abraham & Margaret Fisher & John & Hannah (Bysel)
Fisher. Piney Flats, Tennessee: The author, n.d.
- Gelles, Edward. An Ancient Lineage: European Roots of a
Jewish Family. Portland, Oregon: Specialized Book Services,
- Geyer, Patricia Wight. McWethy .. McWethey, Following a
Family Migration Trail Massachusetts to Michigan and West.
Albion, Michigan: The author, 2005.
- Gilbert, Thomas Graves. Francis Clark of Louisa County,
Virginia and his Descendants in Carroll County, Tennessee.
Rapidan, Virginia: The author, 2004.
- Grant, Robert N. Sorting Some of the Wrights of Southern
Virginia, Part VI: 1779 John Wright of Prince Edward County, His
Wife Anne (Pryor) Wright and His Descendants, 4 volumes.
Menlo Park, California: Robert N. Grant, 2006.
- Grant, Robert N. Wright Family Birth Records, Marriage
Records, and Personal Property Tax Lists, Appomattox County,
Virginia. Westminster, Maryland: Heritage Books, 2006.
- Grant, Robert N. Wright Family Census Records, Campbell
County, Virginia 1810-1900. Westminster, Maryland: Heritage
Books, Inc., 2005.
- Grant, Robert N. Wright Family Census Records, Deed
Records, Land Tax Lists, Death Records and Probate Records,
Appomattox County, Virginia. Westminster, Maryland: Heritage
- Grant, Robert N. Wright Family Deed Records, 1782-1900
and Land Tax Lists, 1782-1850 Campbell County, Virginia.
Westminster, Maryland: Heritage Books, Inc., 2005.
- Grant, Robert N. Wright Family Records, Prince Edward
County, Virginia, Land Grants, Deed Records, Land Tax List,
Death Records, Probate Records. Westminster, Maryland:
Heritage Books, 2006.
- Grant, Robert N., and Robert N. Grant. Wright Family
Birth Records, 1853-1896; Marriage Records, 1777-1918; Census
Records, 1810-1900; Deed Records, 1777-1902; Death Records,
1853-1896; Cemetery Records, and Probate Records, 1777-1909 in
Rockbridge County, Virginia. Westminster, Md: Heritage
- Grindol, Mary Alice. Fuller-Button Family Genealogy,
1800-2006. Winter Haven, Florida: M. Grindol, 2006.
- Hain, Peter Murray. The Murray Family of Hawick,
Scotland, Pennsylvania and Iowa and Associated Families of
Plummer, Dern, Witherow, Koons, Mackey, Leet, Hunter, Hain,
Maize, and Pitcairn. Lynchburg, Va.: Warwick House
- Hamilton, Phillip. The Making and Unmaking of a
Revolutionary Family: The Tuckers of Virginia, 1752-1830.
Charlottesville, Virginia: University of Virginia Press, 2003.
- Hanks, Stephen. Akee Tree, A Descendant's Search for his
Ancestors on the Eskridge Plantations. Portland, Oregon:
PepperBird Books, 2005.
- Harris, Margaret Louise. In the Shade of Oaks: A Story of
American Heritage. Missoula, Mont: Margaret Louise Harris,
2009. Harris and Cox families.
- Hartman, Gerda Preston. Preston's -- Thy Affectionate
Family with Love. Dubuque, Iowa: The author, 1987.
- Hartman, Gerda Preston. Swedish Annie: An Immigrant Life
on the Iowa Prairie -- "Love Letters." Dubuque, Iowa: The
- Hartz, William C., Jr. Genealogical Notes on the Family
of John Hartz (1801-1882) (also known as Hatts, Hatz, Hotz,
Hotlz, Hutz) and Catharine Hershey (1807-1874) of
Dauphin-Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, Including a Few of Their
Ancestors and Some Descendants, Volume I. Long Beach,
Washington: The author, 1999.
- Hausmann, Priscilla Wright. The Hausmann, Petri,
Fleischmann, Ahner, Neunuebel, Oeth, Boehm, and Schlegel
Families. West Bend, WI: The author, 2008.
- Hicks, Ruth Anna and William Jerome Utermohlen.
Descendants of John Cox of Abington, Indiana, and Joseph Cox of
Hampton, Illinois. Rockland, Maine: Penobscot Press, 2007.
- Hobson, Jay W. The Hobson Family Lineage, Descendants of
George and Elizabeth Hobson. Columbus, Georgia: The author,
- Holden, Robert John, with Donna Jean Holden. The Hunting
Pioneers 1720-1840, Ultimate Backwoodsmen on the Early American
Frontier. Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 2000.
- Hopper, Maria. Hopper Family Genealogy: Descendants of
Andries Willemszen Hoppe(n) New Amsterdam 1651-1658.
Montvale, New Jersey: Privately Printed, 2005.
- Hubbard, Karyl Keeney and Sandra Keeney Pattok, compilers.
The Keeney Family from Coast to Coast: An Informal History
of the Ancestors and Descendants of George Keeney of Newport,
Rhode Island. Gateway Press, 2008.
- Huber, Leslie Albrecht. The Journey Takers.
Amherst, MA: Foundation Books, 2010. Huber tells the stories of
her European immigrants to the United States -- Albrechts,
Hakers, Harrises, and Nilsdotters.
- Journey, Pamela Pomeroy. The Journey Family History.
El Cajon, California: The author, 2005.
- Julian, Paul Rowland. Sorting Out the Early Julian/Juliens:
A History of the 18th and Early 19th Century Founding Families
with the Surnames Julian, Julien, and St. Julien. Victoria,
Texas: Gateway Press for the Author, 2004.
- Kelley, Mary Sutherland. Simon Kelley Sr., 1787-1852 and
Descendants. Lake City, South Carolina: The author, 2006.
- Kerns, Wilmer L. Waltons of Old Virginia and Sketches of
Families in Central Virginia. Arlington, Virginia: The
- Kiehn, Lewis. The Walls Family of Delaware: An Account of
Some Descendants of Thomas and William Walls of Sussex County,
Delaware. Sacramento, Calif: H and K Publishers, 2009.
- Lee, Edmund Jennings. Lee of Virginia, 1642-1892 --
Biographical and Genealogical Sketches of the Descendants of
Colonel Richard Lee. With Brief Notices of the Related Families
of Allerton, Armistead, Ashton, Aylett, Bedinger, Beverley,
Bland, Bolling, Carroll, Carter, Chambers, Corbin, Custis,
Digges, Fairfax, Fitzhugh, Gardner, Grymes, Hanson, Jenings,
Jones, Ludwell, Marshall, Mason, Page, Randolph, Shepherd,
Shippen, Tabb, Taylor, Turberville, Washington, and Others.
Baltimore, Maryland: Clearfield Co., Inc., 2006, 1895.
- Lepper, Ruth Lewis and Elizabeth Watts Lewis. Descendants
of Samuel Lewis and Mary Miller in the 19th and 20th Centuries
and Their Ancestral Connections in Early New Jersey and
Pennsylvania Including the Related Families of Chandler,
Lindsey, Ray and Chrisman. Ashland, Illinois: The authors,
- Leuenberger, Boyd. The Johann Friedrich Eggert and
Dorothea Maria Fredrica Krohn Families of Mecklenburg, Germany.
Golden, Colorado: Privately published, 2007.
- Levine, Rachael (Scherf) and Patricia Sherf Smith. Scherf:
Christian Andreas Scherf Family, Including His Twin Wilhelm.
Baltimore: Gateway Press, Inc., 2007.
- Lightburn, Robert C. Supplement to Benjamin Lightbourne/Lightburn
of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, and His Descendants.
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey: The author, 2005.
- Linder, Harold. The Linder Sourcebook: Origins,
Distribution and Immigrants. Anthem, Arkansas, Castle
Mountain Books, 2004.
- Lloyd, Gary G. Thomas and Mary Ann (Morgan) Lawson of
Tennessee, Iowa and Missouri and Their Descendants.
Ashland, Ohio: BookMasters, 2007.
- Long, Richard G. A Family 'histree' of the Descendants of
William Long (1744-1824): With Special Focus on the Descendants
of His Grandson, Richard Suddick Long (1818-1906). Myerville,
Md: Dr. Richard G. Long, 2009.
- Madden, Betty Lou. Ancestors of Exzelia Elizabeth
Boudreau and Branch Lines of the Boudreau, Senezaque, Senet and
Menard Ancestors, Volume I. Bourbonnais, Illinois: Kankakee
Valley Genealogical Society, 1980.
- Markley, Janet James and Mary Lou James Burnett. Mathew
James of New Hampshire and His Known Descendants: With the
Related Families of Pugsley, Ivers, Wells, Davis, Rasmus,
Alford, and Weller. Bloomington, Minnesota: The author,
- Martin, William A. and Lou Ella J. Martin. Dennis Darling
of Braintree and Mendon and Some of His Descendants, 1662 to
1800. Murrieta, California: Self-published, 2006.
- Massingill, Audrey Cannady. Our Ellinger Ancestors,
Volume I Ellinter, Hildenhagen, Liebram and Seiffarth Families
from Saxony. Amarillo, Texas, The author, 2006.
- Matson, Bruce W. and Ginnie Holler Matson. Descendants
and Ancestors of Nehemiah Mattson (Matson) (1755-1835)
Revolutionary Patriot. Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico: The
- Matthews, Linda H. Middling Folk: Three Seas, Three
Centuries, One Scots-Irish Family. Chicago: Chicago Review
Press, 2010. Reconstructs the author's Hammill family history
from sketchy origins in Ayrshire, Scotland, to Northern Ireland,
Charles County, Maryland, Prince William County, Virginia, and
Lewis County, Washington.
- McCarty, William, and Kathleen Much. The McCartys of the
Northern Neck: 350 Years of a Virginia Family. Baltimore:
Gateway Press, 2005.
- Melnick, Louis. Charles Knapp (1826-1878) and His Sister,
Elise (Knapp) Dittmann (1823-1880), of Sternberg,
Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Germany, and Chicago, Cook County,
Illinois, USA. 2nd edition. Evanston, Illinois: Privately
- Metcalf, Susan J. The Wisket Maker and the Spinster: The
Ancestors and Descendants of Arthur Metcalf [Sr.] and Isabel (Levens)
Metcalf. Fenton, Missouri: No Waste Publishing, 2010.
- Moffat, Lorraine. The Moffitt Family, Vol. II: Allied
Families of Thornton, Knight and Wiseman. Hesperia,
California: The author, 2006.
- Monk, Arliss Shaffer. Descendants of Jacob Upperco the
Elder, 1726-1794: Baltimore County, Maryland. 3rd edition.
Greeley, Colorado: Longmeadow Press, 2004.
- Moore, Robert H. Captives of Abb's Valley, Vol. 2.
Grand Rapids, Michigan: HeuelGordon, 2007. Traces thirteen lines
from James and Joseph Moore, and is indexed.
- Moorer, George. Origins: A True Story of "Two
American-French-Celtic Farming Families of the 1800's," Their
Life, Ancestry and Search for Their Origins, Dating Back in
History to the Time of the Celts and Celtic Tribes of People -
1100 B.C. further Back in History, to the Days of Noah and the
Great Flood - 2400 B.C. Studio City, California: The author,
- Mudge, John T.B. The Family Letters: A Portrait of an
American Family through Letters from the 18th to the 20th
Century. Lyme, N.H.: Durand Press, 2008.
- Myers, Judith Harwood. Our Myers Connections ... West
Virginia and beyond, Descendants of John Robert Myers with
Generations from c.1790-2005. Bloomington, Illinois: The
- Myrick, John Edward. Myrick: A Family Lineage, 1642-2002,
from Virginia to Texas. Dorrington, California: Anundsen
Publishing Co. for the Author, 2004.
- Nigbor, Joyce Hasselmann. Hasselmann/Biederstaedt from
Mecklenburg/Strelitz, Germany: Johan Frederick Theodor
Hasselmann & Fredricka Marie Caroline Biederstaedt. 2004.
Contact the author at 11 White Pine Trail, Madison, WI 53717.
- Pascoe, Patty Dahn. Genealogies of Pascoe, Scheid, Maunus
of Welsh, German, Finnish, Descent. Sandusky, Ohio: The
- Pippenger, Wesley E. Pippenger and Pittenger Families: A
Genealogical History of the Descendants of William Pippenger of
New Jersey, and Allied Families. Fredericksburg, Va.:
Sheridan Books, 2004.
- Potterton People & Places. Drogheda, Ireland: Choice
Publishing, 1970. Descendants of Thomas Potterton, who
immigrated to Ireland in the 17th century. Also include a
genealogy of the Tong family of Offaly.
- Prall, Terry D. Prall, McHugh, Faucett, Crail and Allied
Families: The Story of My Ancestral Heritage. Baltimore, MD:
Gateway Press, Inc, 2009. Two-volume set of more than one
thousand pages, traces the families mentioned in the title as
they moved west across the U.S. Includes indexes.
- Pretzer, Mildred Hopkins and Dwayne Lewis Pretzer.
Descendants of James and Susannah Thompson, Quakers 1759-2004.
Charlottesville, Virginia: The authors, 2004.
- Prewitt, John Marshall. Marshall of King George Co. Va.
and Mason Co., Ky.: Berry -- Kercheval -- Roy and Connected
Families. Cincinnati, Ohio: The author, 2002.
- Priest-Evans, Joyce Elaine. The Priest Family. 2
vols. Lambertville, Michigan: William J. Priest, 2007. Volume 1,
which consists of more than five hundred pages, contains
information on the ancestors and descendants of the Priest
family of Licking County, Ohio, and includes many photos. Volume
2, consisting of more than 200 pages, includes possible
relatives of the Priest family of Licking County, Ohio.
- Quirke, Terence T., Jr. Quirke Genealogy and Family
History of Clonmel, County Tipperary, Ireland; India, New
Zealand, England, Australia, South Africa, and the Untied
States. Golden, Colorado: Quirke, Quirke & Assoc., 2005.
- Rice, William H. The 1774 List of Tithables and Wheel
Carriages in Berkeley County, Virginia. Elkins, West
Virginia: The author, 2006.
- Rinkel, Charles T., Jr. The T. E. Rinkel Family in
America. 2nd edition. Johnston, Iowa: The author, 2005.
- Ristic, Karen Torbron, Raymond Peter Ristic, & Dorothy
Torbron Flanagan. The Torbron Family and Related Ancestral
Lines. 2nd edition. West Covina, California: The authors,
- Schuyler, James Owen. Our Schuyler Ancestry. San
Carlos, California: The author, 2006.
- Schuyler, James Owen. Our Walworth Ancestry. San
Carlos, California: Privately Printed, 2005.
- Schuyler, James Owen. Our Woodward-Grant Ancestry and Our
Venn-Hex Ancestry. San Carlos, California: The author, 2006.
- Sears, Richard D. The Ancestors of John Bolin and Sandra
Blaine. [ S.l. ]: lulu.com, 2007.
- Sears, Richard D. Ancestors of Anne (Smith) Weatherford.
[ S.l. ]: lulu.com, 2008.
- Sears, Richard D. Ancestors of Dr. Louise (Gilman)
Hutchins. [ S.l. ]: lulu.com, 2008.
- Sears, Richard D. Ancestors of Edward Henry Fairchild and
Maria Ball (Babbitt) Fairchild. [ S.l. ]: lulu.com, 2008.
- Sears, Richard D. Ancestors of Rev. John Almanza Rowley
Rogers, of His Wife, Elizabeth Lewis (Embree) Rogers, of His
Brother-in-Law, Rev. James Scott Davis, and of His Uncle, Rev.
Almon Bradley Pratt. [ S.l. ]: lulu.com, 2008.
- Sears, Richard D. Ancestors of Rev. John Gregg Fee,
Matilda (Hamilton) Fee, and John Gregg Hanson. [ S.l. ]:
- Sears, Richard D. Ancestors of William Goodell Frost and
Eleanor (Marsh) Frost. [ S.l. ]: lulu.com, 2008.
- Sears, Richard D. Ancestors of William James Hutchins.
[ S.l. ]: lulu.com, 2008.
- Sears, Richard D. Ancestors of Willis Duke Weatherford II.
[ S.l. ]: lulu.com, 2008.
- Shogren, Linda Hurlbert. Descendants of William Mathews/Mathes
(1786-1863), Including Bolander, Huddleson, Kingsbury, and
Thayer Families -- Ordinary People. San Mateo, California:
- Smith, Alvy Ray. Edwardian Riggses of America I: Elder
Bethuel Riggs (1757-1835) of Morris County, New Jersey, and His
Family through Five Generations. Boston: Newbury Street
- Spangler, Donal Campbell. Spangler, One Lineage,
Twenty-One Generations, Eight Centuries - 1150-2000, Germany,
Pennsylvania, Virginia, Kentucky. Silver Spring, Maryland:
- Steele, Edward E. Ebbets: The History and Genealogy of a
New York Family. St. Louis: Privately Printed, 2005.
- Stelle, Joelle. A History of the Steele & Forstrom
Families in Finland & America. Mananita Books, 2005.
- Sternberg,, Dale, Sharon Sternberg, and Fred T. May. I
Will Uphold the Flag: The Life of Colonel Reuben May, 1815-1902.
Marshfield, Wisconsin: Gateway Press for the Author, 2004.
- Turner, William Lee. The Turner Chronicles, Descendants
of Richard Turner. Matthews, North Carolina: The author,
- Ullmann, Helen S. Descendants of John Mills of Stamford,
Connecticut. Boston, Mass: Newbury Street Press, 2010.
- Ullmann, Helen Schatvet. Some Descendants of John Sibley
of Salem, Massachusetts. Boston: Newbury Street Press, 2006.
- Waak, Patricia Ann. My Bones Are Red: A Spiritual Journey
with a Triracial People in the Americas. Macon, Georgia:
Mercer University Press, 2005. This book primarily tells the
stories of the Perkins family, who were sequentially classified
as black, "free people of color," mulatto, Indian, and white
over a period of 100 years.
- Walsh, Diane Renner. The William and Mary Ann (Davis)
Friedlander Family, 1814-1930: Illinois Pioneers and Their
Exploits in Colorado and New Mexico. Belleville, Ill: D.R.
- Waters, Nancy Lee. Family diversity: The Lauer, Borgmeier,
Bauer Families, Deutschland to Baltimore, Maryland and the
MacCubblin's [sic], 1650 to 2006. Volume 2. Baltimore,
Maryland: Gateway Press, Inc., 2006.
- Watkins, M. Joan (McCreedy). The Family of Eliza J. (McCreedy)
and Samuel B. Brown (1841-2006) - Vol. 1.8. Livingston,
Texas: The author, 2006.
- Whipple, Blaine. 15 Generations of Whipples: Descendants
of Matthew Whipple of Ipswich, Massachusetts, Abt. 1590-1647, an
American Story. Baltimore: Gateway Press, 2007.
- White, Emma Siggins, Mrs. Genesis of the White Family, a
Connected Record of the White Family Beginning in 900 at the
Time of Its Welsh Origin when the Name was Synn, and Tracing the
Family into Ireland and England. Several of the Names Entered
England with the Norman Conqueror. Representatives of the
English Branch Emigrated to america in 1638. The Scotts of
Scot's Hall in the County of Kent, England. One of the Oldest
Recorded Families, their Traditionary History Beginning in
Ireland about 300 B.C. The Authenticated Record Herein Given
Dates Back to 400 A.D. Emigration to America was in 1740. Their
Descendants are to be Found in Every State of the Union.
Supplemental Records, Biographical Sketches and Coats of Arms of
Nearly Seventy Allied Families. Kansas City, Missouri:
Tiernan-Dart Printing Co., 1920.
- White, Russell S. Our Heritage, the Family of Russell
Sidney White and Edith Marion Nowers. Venice, Florida: The
- White, Willis H. The Ancestry of Alila May Miller
(1881-1960) of Miller Place, Long Island, New York.
Rockland, Maine: Penobscot Press, 2007.
- Whitt, Aileen Miller. Hawkins -- Leeds Family History.
Amelia, Ohio: The author, 2005.
- Wilbour, Benjamin Franklin, compiler. Little Compton
Families. 5th edition. 2 vols. Baltimore, Maryland:
Clearfield Company, Inc., 2007, 1997.
- Willet, Albert James, Jr. Abraham Willet (c.1735-c.1805)
of Onondaga County, New York. Bowie Maryland: Heritage
- Willet, Albert J. Willett Family of Pennsylvania.
Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1998.
- Willoughby, William Franklin. The Zychlinski Family:
Their Polish Ancestors and American Descendants. Baltimore:
Gateway Press, Inc., 2007. Story of the Zychlinskis, members of
the Polish nobility, and Witold von Zychlinski, who immigrated
to America, and his descendants.
- Wilson, Duane E. Our Wilson Family, Being Some of the Descendants of William and Ann (Mackey) Wilson of Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Naperville, Illinois: The author, 2007.