- Chapin, David A. "FBI Files as a Source of Genealogical
Information." Everton's Genealogical Helper 50
(January/February 1996), pp. 6-8.
- Get Grandpa's
FBI File. This free site will print up a letter to the FBI
ordering a copy of your ancestor's FBI file. Read the FAQs for
- Haines, Gerald K. and David A. Langbart. Unlocking the
Files of the FBI, A Guide to Its Records and Classification
System. Wilmington, Delaware: Scholarly Resources, Inc.,
- How to Do
Genealogical Research Using FBI Files?
- Johnson, Marion M. Preliminary Inventory of the Records
of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, NC 82 (1964);
supplement in National Archives microfiche edition of
- Melchiori, Marie Varrelman. "The FBI and Your Ancestor?"
NGS NewsMagazine 32:4 (October/November/December 2006), pp.
- National Archives and Records Administration. Descriptive
Pamphlet for M1085 Investigative Case Files of the Bureau of
Investigation, 1908-1922. Washington: National Archives and
Trust Fund Board, 1983.