Heraldry & Coats of Arms
- Allcock, Hubert. Heraldic Design, Its Origins, Ancient
Forms and Modern Usage. New York: Tudor Pub. Co., 1962.
- Child, Heather. Heraldic Design; A Handbook for Students.
London: G. Bell, 1965. Describes
the basic rules and grammar of heraldry observed in designing a
heraldic device. As it is quite impossible for the genealogist
to interpret a blazon or to design a coat of arms without full
mastery of heraldic rules and grammar, this book provides all
the information necessary for the prosecution of either task.
Carefully explaining the unique rules and language of heraldry,
and illustrating each point with a remarkable series of pen
drawings, the book aims to give the genealogist sufficient
information about the structure and detail of heraldic insignia
to enable him to produce well-balanced designs of coats of arms.
- Filby, P. William. American & British Genealogy &
Heraldry: A Selected List of Books. 2nd edition. Chicago:
American Library Association, 1975.
- Frankly, Julian. Heraldry. 1st American edition.
South Brunswick, New Jersey: A.S. Barnes, 1968.
- The Heraldic Register of America. University of
Alabama: American College of Heraldry, 1985-
- McAndrew, Bruce A. Scotland's Historic Heraldry.
Rochester, New York: Boydell & Brewer, 2007.
- Stephenson, Jean. Heraldry for the American Genealogist. Washington, D.C.: National Genealogical Society, 1959. Reprinted with additions from the National Historical Magazine of the Daughters of The American Revolution. Variety of heraldic topics providing an introduction to the study of coats of arms. 1959.