- Boyd-Bragg, Dorothy A. "The Great Wagon Road." NGS
Newsmagazine 34, no. 3 (July-September 2008): 21-25.
- Dollarhide, William. Map Guide to American Migration
Routes, 1735-1815. Bountiful, Utah : Heritage Quest; 1997.
- Eldridge, Carrie. An Atlas of Southern Trails to the
Mississippi. Chesapeake, Ohio : Carrie Eldridge, ©1999.
- Larson, Elizabeth,
Nothing Must Stop
the Mail: The Butterfield Overland Express.
- Overland Trail. The
American West was vital to many of our families. This is a great
site for background information and links on the West as well as
the many trails and byways that existed for our ancestors.
- Rouse, Park Jr. The Great Wagon Road from Philadelphia
to the South. Richmond: The Dietz Press, 1995.
- Suffridge, Lynda. "Southern Migration Trails." NGS
Newsmagazine 34, no. 3(July-September 2008): 26-29.
- Southerland, Henry DeLeon, Jr. and Jerry Elijah Brown.
The Federal Road through Georgia, the Creek Nation, and Alabama,
1806-1836. Tuscaloosa, Alabama: University of Alabama
- Whitaker, Beverly. Migration Patterns in the United
States. Toronto, Canada: Heritage Productions, 2003.