- Alexander, June Granatir. The Immigrant Church and
Community: Pittsburgh's Slovak Catholics and Lutherans,
1880-1915. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press,
- Bachmann, E. Theodore, and Mercia Brenne Bachmann.
Lutheran Churches in the World. Foreword by Gunnar
Staalsett. Minneapolis: Augsburg in cooperation with the
Lutheran World Federation, 1989.
- Coburn, Carol K. "Religion, Gender, and Education Among the
German-Lutherans of Block, Kansas, 1865-1945." Ph.D.
Dissertation, University of Kansas, 1988. 262 pp. UPON DA
- Concordia Historical Institute. Bibliography: the
German-Russians in the Great Plains. St. Louis, Missouri:
The Institute, 1969.
- Gilbert, W. Kent. Commitment to Unity: A History of the Lutheran Church in America. Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1988.